So after about 15 or so years sitting on hold for a restore, I am pulling my 63 bug out of the barn, (My own barn find!
) This little bug has been in my family sense I was 12, my parents gave me him when my mom stopped driving it, she did not like the 6-volt and lack of heater. So I drove him and fender bent him until I thought I would rebuild him. However, as life goes, family, money and time just never gave me the chance to get to him. Therefore, he sat alone out in the barn for all these years. But, hopefully now will be the time for him to get a new life. It may not be as fast a rebuild as I will want, but it has started. I have separated the body from the pan, to rebuild the pan and chassis. I have cut away both side of the pan and have the new pan half trimmed and ready to weld back in, but will not do so until I have the rest of the chassis cleaned sanded and ready for paint. I’ll place some pictures up of the progress as I go.